Media releases, media conferences: how to make them work for you
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Peterborough Lions Club
347 Burnham Street
Peterborough, ON K9H 1T5
Questions? Call Jane at 705-772-7692.
Finally, you’ll learn how to write a media release that works AND you’ll learn how to organize an effective press conference.
Part 1: Media release “musts” include:
- proper media release format
- how to present your release properly using email
- how to make your release newsworthy and timely
- how to target your releases to the right audiences (media, cause advocates, opinion leaders, investors)
- how to write a terrific headline
- SEO keywords – how to make sure your release gets “found.”
- How to marry your release with Twitter.
Part 2: Organizing a press conference includes:
- picking the right venue, and the right time
- choosing spokespeople – how many are too many?
- why you need media kits
- why you need visual aids and graphics